Accessibility Statement for Jose Wejebe Memorial Foundation Website
Updated December 15, 2022
Jose Wejebe Memorial Foundation is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
Jose Wejebe Memorial Foundation takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Jose Wejebe Memorial Foundation’s Website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- Subscribe to AQA, a WCAG 2.1 AA automated website scan tool to ensure technical compliance.
- Hire outside consultants to manually scan our site to uncover elements not discovered by the AQA tool as well as to provide additional recommendations for greater compliance.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Jose Wejebe Memorial Foundation’s Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Jose Wejebe Memorial Foundation’s Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Jose Wejebe Memorial Foundation’s Website:
- Postal address: PO Box 430423, Big Pine Key FL 33043
We try to respond to feedback within a Normal response of 72 hours, over weekends, vacations, and holidays may be longer response time.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Jose Wejebe Memorial Foundation’s Website is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- The latest versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer and Edge, Google Chrome, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox are all compatible browsers.
Accessibility of Jose Wejebe Memorial Foundation’s Website relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browsers and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure the accessibility of Jose Wejebe Memorial Foundation’s Website, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Jose Wejebe Memorial Foundation’s Website:
- .alternative text contains image file name
- alternative text with common words
- an input has multiple labels
- an input with placeholder but without any associated label
- duplicate values of type ID
- form control with hidden text label
- labels or instructions are provided but the content is not visible
- Page contains 1 stray end tag “q”
- Page contains 1 unclosed element “q”
- page contains 5 duplicate attributes “autocomplete”
Jose Wejebe Memorial Foundation assessed the accessibility of Jose Wejebe Memorial Foundation’s Website by the following approaches:
- Self-evaluation – the entire site was tested using AQA, and enterprise level Accessibility reporting tool based on the technology provided by the WAVE Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool, created by WebAIM.org, a third-party authority in web accessibility. The site is tested periodically to ensure any added or edited content conforms with the latest accessibility guidelines, as reported by the WAVE tool.
- External evaluation – we hire outside consultants to manually scan our website using assistive technologies and provide additional recommendations that the AQA tool does not uncover.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Jose Wejebe Memorial Foundation
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 1 business day and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to Jose Wejebe Memorial Foundation, should you be dissatisfied with our response to you.
This statement was created using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.